Greets and directs all calls to Self-Realization Fellowship Headquarters with warmth, accuracy, and efficiency. Responds responsibly to a wide range of calls, which include departmental calls, counseling calls, and first-time inquiries.
- Stay current with SRF activities
- Efficiently utilizes various telephone system features under time pressure (e.g., using the computer console, digital telephones, process “sign-outs” or special information messages on computer, set up conference calls).
- Standard computer skills to learn to use multiple applications simultaneously (Mitel console system and software program, Center Reference program and e-mail).
- Ability to remain composed when receiving urgent, emergency or difficult calls including VIPs, problematic callers and crisis situations.
- Ability to handle a large volume of calls effectively.
- Ability to think quickly, using tact and discrimination with problematic callers.
- Works closely with other operators in an often-busy environment with ongoing ringing of phones in a small office.
- Good vocal control: ability to enunciate clearly, have control of pitch, speed, and tone of voice for foreign callers.
- Patience for callers who cannot communicate clearly or speak slowly.
- Mature and understanding attitude towards people’s behavior and mentalities.
- Integrity and self-esteem to manage complaints constructively.
- Exercises discretion when giving out information to the public.
- Effective uses of verbal and written communication skills to pass on messages accurately.
- Flexibility with schedule to fill in for others as needed and help as able during holidays.
- Follows dress code and codes of conduct when in contact with the monks
- Responsible to follow SRF’s policies and established processes.
- Other position-related tasks, as assigned.
- Knowledge of and experience with SRF principles and standards.
- Pleasant and professional telephone voice.
- Good English vocabulary
- Basic computer skills and technical knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel, navigation of SRF website, and internal operator programs for handling calls.
- Patience and composure under stress.
- Responsible and organized, aware of details
- The ability to function well in a multi-task environment.
- The ability to honor and maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
- Appreciation and respect for cultural and spiritual diversity.
- Previous operator experience is preferred
- Comfortable with operating headsets, digital telephones, pagers.
- The ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
This is a 30 hour per week position, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Local candidates only please. No reimbursement for relocation costs offered for this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package that features a variety of insurance coverage choices including group medical, dental, life insurance, a retirement plan and much more. We also provide paid sick, vacation and holiday time.
Pay range: $17.10 - $18.00 per hour.
Please email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.