It is our pleasure to announce that Self-Realization Fellowship monastics will be visiting New York City, October 5–8, 2023, to meet with members and friends of Paramahansa Yogananda’s spiritual family. During the weekend there will be inspirational programs, meditation classes, and a Kriya Yoga initiation. You can find the complete schedule of the program in the "Schedule" Tab above.
We hope you will be able to join us for this time of divine fellowship — a wonderful opportunity to commune with God and Gurus, and to delve deeper into the understanding and practice of Paramahansaji’s teachings. While we recognize that some of you may not be able to attend the whole weekend, we encourage you to participate as much as you can in these special meetings.
You are most welcome to bring family and friends to the inspirational programs. Please note that anyone wishing to attend classes on the meditation techniques will be asked to show a student or Kriyaban card for admittance. Newcomers interested in studying the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda may attend these classes by enrolling for the Self-Realization FellowshipLessons, either before or during the weekend program. Further information and applications for the Lessons are available at SRFLessons.org or at the event itself.
Important information for SRF Lessons students and Kriyabans wishing to attend the Kriya Yoga Ceremony:
- If you are not yet a Kriyaban and wish to apply for Kriya, we encourage you to submit your Kriya application through the Member Portal no later than September 24, 2023. Alternatively, you may complete and mail to the Mother Center the personal report and pledge received with Lesson 17 no later than September 17, 2023.
- If you are a Kriyaban and have not attended a Kriya Yoga ceremony: please register by sending an email to Membership Services Kriya Registrar through KriyaRegistrar@yogananda-srf.org, or call +1 (818) 549 5151 no later than August 15, 2023.
- If you have already attended a Kriya Yoga ceremony: due to the limited seats at the initiation, we kindly request that you make a reservation by emailing KriyaRegistrar@yogananda-srf.org, or calling +1 (818) 549 5151 no later than August 15, 2023.
It is through your generosity that we are able to bring events like this to truth-seeking souls around the world, and we deeply appreciate any contribution you are able to make—through your meditation group, during the monastics’ visit or through our website—to help us continue our efforts to spread Paramahansa Yogananda’s teachings.
We joyously anticipate meeting with you to share the inspiration of our Guru’s soul-revealing Kriya Yoga teachings. He told us: “Those who sincerely seek Him will surely find Him. Those who want to love the Lord and yearn to enter His kingdom, and who sincerely wish in their hearts to know Him, will find Him. You must have an ever-increasing desire for Him, day and night. He will acknowledge your love by fulfilling His promise to you throughout eternity, and you shall know joy and happiness unending.”
Schedule: New York City 2023
Thursday, October 5
- 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. — Public Lecture with Guided Meditation
- 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. — Informal Gathering and light refreshments
Friday, October 6
- 7:00 – 9:30 p.m. — Technique Review Class with Guided Meditation*
Saturday, October 7
- 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. — Kriya Yoga Initiation **
Sunday, October 8
- 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. — Kriya Yoga Review Class **
- 10:00 – 10:50 a.m. — Guided Meditation
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. — Sunday Service
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. — Reception with light refreshments
- 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. — Satsanga with video showing and short meditation
* Open to students of the Self-Realization Fellowship Lessons
** Open to Kriyabans only
Location & Contact Information
Events to be held at:
The New York City Center of Self-Realization Fellowship
217 E. 28th Street, New York City, 10016
For further information:
The events are geared toward adults, but children twelve years and older who are Self-Realization Fellowship students may attend if they wish. We are not able to accommodate younger children at the meetings.
We ask that no audio or video recordings (cell phone cameras included) be made during the events, and that still photography be limited to outdoor areas. Thank you for your cooperation.