- Preparation and completion of tasks in numerous areas of legal compliance
- Legal research and writing
- File organization and systematic completion of steps to complete pending matters
- Other position-related tasks, as assigned
- Work with bank personnel, SRF attorneys-in-fact, and Office of the Treasurer on domestic and foreign accounts
- Draft letters and memos to the Directors and other monastics to explain history and reasons for requesting their approval and signatures
- Complete state forms and required compliance for annual filings
- Organize files, shredding, scanning mail to remote Legal Department staff, copying, etc., making file labels and keeping logs of status of pending cases
- Research on internet involving IRS tax code for non-profits
- Draft letters per IRS Code requirements to SRF members for compliance with non-monetary donations
- Assist members of Legal Department staff as needed
- Follow through with wills and estates
- Redirect calls to appropriate Legal Department staff
- Prepare invoices for approval signatures
- Draft, proofread Board Minutes and Resolutions
- All of the above under the training of Legal Department staff and the training, supervision and guidance of General Counsel
- Responsible to follow SRF policies and established processes
- Other position-related tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of and experience with SRF principles and standards preferred
- Minimum 2 years work experience in an office in corporate, accounting, tax, or legal field, or in a bank
- Knowledge of banks, finances, investments, business, government methods and operations, tax and IRS code requirements for non-profits
- Research, writing, and analytical skills, high critical thinking and reasoning abilities, accuracy, persistence, and dedication to the work
- Outstanding proficiency in verbal and written communication in English and helpful to be able to read another language
- Emotional maturity; desire to help others, high level of putting others and the work first
- Ability to work independently as part of a team and substantially contribute as a member of the Legal Department team
- Ability to take instructions from others, to be mentally engaged in a meaningful way that shows understanding and positivity, and willingness to take on additional tasks
- Ability to handle fast-paced, demanding work matters, organizational skills to process a lot of information and handle multiple matters, while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to honor and maintain a strict and high level of confidentiality, moral integrity, ethical and professional conduct, and honesty are critical
- Able to put forth a sustained, concentrated and focused effort until an assignment is completed
- Detailed, excellent memory, thorough in follow up, punctual, reliable, honest, discreet
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; familiar with Teams, Zoom video conferencing, familiar with basic skills: filing, typing, etc.
- The ability to lift up to 15 lbs. and sit, stand for extended periods of time
- Ability and willingness to perform administrative and clerical tasks, such as shredding, shipping, and filing with agreeableness and efficiency
- Support and assist Legal Counsel as needed
This is a 40 hour per week position, Monday through Friday.
Local candidates only please. No reimbursement for relocation costs offered for this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package that features a variety of insurance coverage choices including group medical, dental, life insurance, a retirement plan and much more. We also provide paid sick, vacation and holiday time.
Please email your resume and salary requirements to Esther McMullin at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.