What are the key features of the SRF Lessons app?
The proprietary SRF Lessons app complements the printed version of the new edition of the SRF Lessons. We are offering the digital format as an additional resource but not as a replacement for the paper Lessons. The digital version of the Lessons provides many benefits to the student when used judiciously in combination with the printed version. We encourage you to use discrimination in finding the approach that best enables you to study, assimilate, and be spiritually transformed by the truths and divine consciousness inherent in the SRF Lessons. Some of the key features of the app are:
- Read the SRF Lessons anytime, anywhere on your mobile device(s)
- Interactive search
- Adjustable font sizes and themes
- Bookmark and highlighting function to mark key passages
- Sync page position, highlights, and bookmarks across devices
- Study reminders and new Lesson availability notifications
- Access auxiliary material, including multimedia content, associated with each Lesson
- Guided meditations
What type of devices are supported?
- The iOS app requires:
- iOS version 10.0 and above
- iPhone — generation 5 and newer
- iPad — all sizes
I am unable to log in to the app. Why?
- The SRF Lessons app, at this time, is only for SRF Lessons students — whether of the previous edition of the Lessons or the new edition of the Lessons. Only subscribers to the new edition of the Lessons will receive Lessons in the app. Previous students can access the two introductory pieces (“An Overview of the Self-Realization Fellowship Lessons” and the Introduction, “Highest Achievements Through Self-Realization” by Paramahansa Yogananda), as well as the Guided Meditations section.
- Make sure that you have a verified user account on the SRF member portal. To create an online account and/or verify your account, please go to the SRF member portal.
- Make sure that you are using the SRF Lessons app, and not the YSS Lessons app. SRF students should use the SRF Lessons app and YSS students should use the YSS Lessons app.
- Make sure that you are online in order to log in and to access the content. In order to protect your security, we do not store your password. Therefore, you will need to be online to log in to your account.
- If you still have trouble logging in, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing the problem in detail. Please remember to include your name and the email address you use when logging into the member portal.
How often am I required to enter my credentials to log in to the app?
You are required to log in weekly—online—to get new content. If you are currently offline, but had logged in previously, there is no need to log in again to be able to view the content you already have in the app. It is only when you wish to access any new Lessons content that you will be required to log in again, if a week’s time has transpired since your last log in.
When will I be able to access the Lessons in the app?
We are offering the digital format as an additional resource but not as a replacement for the paper Lessons. We therefore want students to receive the paper Lesson before that Lesson is unlocked in the app. While the app will list all the Lessons, a Lesson in the app will be available to read only after the corresponding paper Lesson reaches you (i.e., one week after the paper Lesson is dispatched domestically, two weeks internationally).
Why can’t I get the Lessons on my computer or Windows devices?
At this time, the proprietary software for delivering these confidential studies is only available through our SRF Lessons app. We are exploring the possibility of making the Lessons available on computers and Windows tablet devices in the future. However, the auxiliary content—written, audio, and video—included with the new edition of the Lessons is available on the online member portal of the SRF website. That content is accessible in a browser window on all computers and mobile devices.
On how many devices can I install and use the app?
You can install and use the SRF Lessons app on any number of Apple (iOS) devices simultaneously.
How do I access the auxiliary materials for a Lesson?
Go to the “Contents” for the Lesson. Scroll to the bottom of the contents list and tap on “Auxiliary Material.” Please note that there are no auxiliary materials in the “Overview,” “Highest Achievements Through Self-Realization,” and “Preface.” The auxiliary materials are available starting with Lesson 1.
Why can’t I see the auxiliary material for the Lessons when I am offline?
The auxiliary material that accompanies each Lesson is only available streamed, not as a download. Streaming this content ensures the security of copyrighted material meant solely for students of the Lessons.
How do I get support if something is not functioning correctly in the app or if I want to report a bug?
From the home screen of the app, click on the Settings icon in the top right corner, and then select “Support.” This will create a draft email in which you can type in details of the problem and send the email. The more information you can provide about the problem, the easier it will be for us to respond quickly and effectively.
If you are unable to open the app to access the support menu, please send an email to email@example.com describing the problem in detail, giving your device make, model, operating system, etc. The more information you can provide about the problem, the easier it will be for us to respond quickly and effectively.
What “Permissions” need to be given during installation of the app and why?
The app also requires notification permission if you would like to receive study reminders and notifications of new Lessons that become available.