January 24 - 26, 2020
You Are Invited!
It is our pleasure to announce that Self-Realization Fellowship monastic disciples will be visiting Fort Lauderdale, Florida, January 24–26, 2020, to meet with members and friends of Paramahansa Yogananda’s spiritual family.
During this weekend there will be inspirational programs, meditation classes, and a Kriya Yoga initiation. We hope you will be able to join us for this time of divine fellowship—a wonderful opportunity to commune with God and Gurus, and to delve deeper in the understanding and practice of Paramahansaji’s teachings. Even if you cannot come for the whole weekend, we would be glad to have you with us for any of these events.
Please join us for this weekend of inspiration, fellowship and spiritual renewal.
Friday, January 24
8:00 pm – 10:00 pm Public Lecture with Guided Meditation followed by Informal Gathering
Saturday, January 25
9:00 am – 9:45 am Meditation
10:00 am – 11:15 am Technique Review Class I*
11:30 am – 12:30 pm Technique Review Class II*
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Kriya Yoga Initiation**
Sunday, January 26
8:30 am – 9:15 am Meditation
9:30 am – 10:30 am Inspirational Service
11:00 am – 1:00 pm Kriya Yoga Review Class**
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Closing Program
*Only open to eligible SRF Lessons students: Please bring your Lessons or Kriyaban card.
**Only open to SRF Kriyabans: Please bring your Kriyaban card.
Attendance is free and a registration is not required.
Please see the information below for attendance information and class eligibility.
For further information, please call (954) 554-7262
Public Lectures & Inspirational Programs
You are most welcome to bring family and friends to the inspirational programs.
Meditation Technique Classes
Technique classes are open to students of the Self-Realization Fellowship Lessons. Attendees will be asked to show a student or Kriyaban card for admittance.
- If you need a replacement card, please contact Membership Services by December 30, 2019 at (818) 549-5151, Monday through Friday 9am – 12:30 pm or 1:30 – 4:40 pm (Pacific Time).
Interested in Attending the Meditations Classes But Not a Student of the SRF Lessons?
Newcomers interested in studying the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda may attend the meditation technique classes (but not the Kriya Yoga classes) by enrolling for the Self-Realization Fellowship Lessons, either before or during the weekend program.
Kriya Yoga Initiation & Review Classes
Kriya Yoga initiation or review classes are open to Kriyabans. Attendees will be asked to show a Kriyaban card for admittance.
- Application forms for Kriya Yoga must be completed and returned to Mother Center by November 25, 2019. Note: You must have completed the basic Lessons series to be eligible to apply for Kriya.
- If you have already received Kriya Yoga initiation and plan to attend the Kriya Yoga ceremony, you do not need to register, but you will be asked to show your Kriyaban card in order to attend.
Greater Fort Lauderdale Broward County Convention Center
1950 Eisenhower Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Rooms 315, 316, 317
Accommodation & Parking
There are two hotels conveniently located near the Greater Fort Lauderdale Broward County Convention Center. Please contact the hotel directly for reservations:
Both hotels are within short walking distance from the Convention Center.
1. Port Everglades Northport Garage
- $6.00 for 5 hours, $1.00 for each additional hour thereafter
- $15.00 max daily rate
2. Meter parking to the north of the Convention Center under the bridge near the Hilton — approximately 200 spaces
- $1.25 per hour flat rate
Note: If you leave the Convention Center by car, you will be required to pay for parking again upon your return.
Accessing the Convention Center
From 17th St. Causeway (also called Florida state road A1A)
- Head south on Eisenhower Boulevard.
- Turn left (or east) onto SE 20th St. into the Convention Center.
- Enter the Convention Center using the Port Everglades Northport Garage.
Note: If you plan to come through Port Everglades, you will be required to pass through security and provide a valid driver’s license.
No food is provided by the Convention Center. However, several restaurants are available within walking distance.
It is through your generosity that we are able to bring events like this to truth-seeking souls around the world, and we deeply appreciate any contribution you are able to make—through your meditation group or during the monastics’ visit—to help us continue our efforts to spread Paramahansa Yogananda’s teachings.