- The Sr. IT Project Manager will be responsible for executing all aspects of project management for a portfolio of low to high complexity software development and infrastructure projects that are delivered across the organization.
- The Sr. IT Project Manager role will effectively manage and deliver cross-functional solutions that involve multiple teams (beyond technology), multiple technology disciplines, geographically disbursed project team members, including external partners and some degree of technical complexity.
- The Sr. Project Manager Management function includes but is not limited to all phases of the project lifecycle - project planning, execution and closure, resource planning and management, scope management, project financial management, in addition to stakeholder management (including external partners), risk and issues management and escalation, and project status reporting at multiple levels in the organization.
- Other position-related tasks, as assigned.
- Manages assigned IT projects ensuring delivery with adherence to budget, schedule, and scope of project, according to established standards and best practices.
- Develops and maintains proposals, project charter and other required project management documents for assigned projects by working with stakeholders to get alignment on project objectives, scope, technologies, timelines, funding, and staffing.
- Creates a project plan and tracks project progress using available tools and adhering to established or industry standards. Manages and accounts for risks and issues, and drives resolution. Drives accountability for deliverables and makes necessary changes to the plan when required.
- For Agile projects, plays the role of the Scrum Master, and plans and manages scrum events ensuring their effectiveness, removes impediments to the project team’s progress, and keeps the project team focused on the goals of the sprints and the overall project, facilitates stakeholder collaboration as requested or needed.
- Establishes and implements project governance, communication plans, and provides status updates to stakeholders within and outside IT team.
- For projects that include external partners, collaborates with the partner as well as internal teams to ensure the project is on track, drives accountability for partner deliverables, manages scope and tracks budget for the partner engagement.
- Establishes ongoing communications with the project teams to ensure everyone stays on track to deliver the expected project outcomes, within schedule and budget, and the project team is fully aware of the impact of the project on the project customers and the organization.
- Manages project scope and changes to scope using a project change request process.
- Takes ownership/responsibility for finding solutions to problems within the project and implementing them, holding project team members accountable to do the same in their respective areas
- Ensure cutover/ deployment planning, communicate, and drive the cutover/ deployment plan for all projects moving to production that require integration of multiple teams, infrastructure changes, data conversion or controlled start of business operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or higher in Computer Science, Project Management, Business Administration / Management (IT focus preferred) or related field desired.
- 10+ years of professional experience in progressive project management roles preferred.
- Experience leading cross-disciplinary, cross-functional projects to drive business process change affecting multiple business units.
- Proven project management skills, using standard methodologies and tools to deliver projects from Project Initiation through Transition and Closure. PMP or PRINCE2 certification is desired.
- Demonstrated experience with delivering projects using Agile methodology. Scrum Master training or certification is a plus.
- Experience in industry standard project management tools. Experience with Microsoft Project and Jira preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills to motivate, collaborate with and manage a project team that does not include any direct reports.
- Experience in working with geographically distributed teams that include external partners across time zones is preferred
- Strong software development lifecycle (SDLC) or software implementation lifecycle experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills; ability to articulate information in a professional manner to individuals at all levels, and with both internal and external partners, and the ability to represent SRF adequately when dealing with the public.
- Good problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills are a plus.
- Ability to honor and maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
This is a full time remote position open to California, Colorado or Texas residents.
Satisfactory completion of organization’s background investigation.
Must sign an employee confidentiality agreement.
Required Travel: 0 – 20%
We offer a competitive benefits package that features a variety of insurance coverage choices including group medical, dental, life insurance, a retirement plan and much more. We also provide paid sick, vacation and holiday time.
Salary Range: $120,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.