To support public relations activities of department in an effort to meet goals of building awareness of SRF and the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda, to respond to media requests for information about the society and its founder, and to identify opportunities for partnering with interfaith efforts to build greater visibility and credibility for SRF.
- Create PR campaigns for specific projects to promote SRF’s services, offerings, and products on a local, national and international level.
- Work with team members to help manage specific Public Relations projects for SRF under supervision of PR Director.
- Some local travel required.
- Utilize traditional (radio print and TV) and new (blogs, social networking sites) media to advance SRF’s mission and priorities.
- Develop content for traditional and web-based media, including, but not limited to, articles, press releases, pitch letters, blog posts, and informational backgrounders.
- Pitch story ideas to traditional and online media to place content in their outlets or on their sites.
- Respond to external requests from the media, websites, bloggers, academia, conference organizers, speakers’ bureaus, etc.
- Monitor the Internet for mentions of SRF/Paramahansa Yogananda and other pertinent content.
- Monitor media (print, broadcast, and internet-based) for trends, news, and events and identify opportunities for SRF to increase awareness of Paramahansa Yogananda and the teachings.
- Research traditional and digital media/blogger outlets to identify opportunities for media placement, and oversee staff to monitor ongoing maintenance and expansion of media database.
- Contribute to performance/measurement reports for SRF Social Media campaigns implemented throughout the year.
- Maintain strict confidence regarding sensitive, confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Responsible to follow SRF’s policies and established processes.
- Other position-related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English Literature or Marketing/Public Relations required.
- 5-7 years’ experience as a public relations professional and content developer, with strong traditional/online media relations knowledge, and Social Media skills.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with all forms of media, including print, broadcast and online/interactive media, in particular social networking sites and blogs, and other information-sharing outlets.
- Solid knowledge of social media platforms, SM management programs, and analytics.
- Strong social media content development and design skills a must.
- Familiarity with Yoga, Eastern and Western religious traditions, interfaith groups, and spirituality conferences and organizations.
- Ability to represent SRF at spirituality/interfaith/yoga conferences and events.
- Thorough understanding and ability to identify newsworthy angles and story ideas.
- Initiative, creativity, and excellent communications and writing skills required.
- Excellent time management abilities in order to work within deadlines and time constraints.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bilingual a plus.
- The ability to perform work within the scope of the job in consideration of SRF’s principles and standards.
- The ability to honor and maintain a strict level of confidentiality
This is a 40 hour per week Monday through Friday position.
Local candidates only. No reimbursement for relocation cost offered for this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package that features a variety of insurance coverage choices including group medical, dental, life insurance, a retirement plan and much more. We also provide paid sick, vacation and holiday time.
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.