Self-Realization Fellowship is seeking a Media Relations Administrative Assistant with one to three years’ experience in an office environment to work in its Public Affairs Department. This is a part time position, working 24 hours per week.
This is a unique opportunity to help with the department’s media relations efforts by maintaining and enhancing its database of media contacts, implementing ongoing mailings to the media through digital and traditional methods, and assisting our social media efforts, at SRF’s international headquarters in Los Angeles, a 12-acre oasis of tranquility and natural beauty. (During Covid, the assignments may be executed remotely.)
- Maintain and update the department’s extensive media database, researching the Internet and other resources to identify new opportunities for media placement.
- Develop mailing lists for all of our public relations campaigns to the media, bloggers, websites, and other target audiences.
- Handle email and snail mail distribution to media outlets of press materials.
- Assist with Social Media scheduling and posts.
- Help develop reports for each public relations project.
- Monitor the Internet for mentions of SRF / Paramahansa Yogananda and other pertinent content.
- Develop and maintain department’s files of articles, media, press materials, research, etc.
- Coordinate photo distribution to media outlets.
- Successful candidate should have at least one to three years of experience in an office setting; media relations/publicity department experience a plus.
- College degree.
- Experience with Social Media platforms and a working knowledge of Cision’s PR software a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have strong PC (Microsoft Office) and database skills. Experience with Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop a plus.
- Excellent time management abilities in order to work within deadlines and time constraints.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to be a team player.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation and sick time as well as medical, dental, and retirement programs.
The applicant selected for this position must provide documentation of legal authorization to work in the United States. If your experience and qualifications match those listed above, we would be interested in hearing from you. Candidates must reside in California.
Please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter detailing your salary requirements and explaining why you believe you would be a good fit for this job.