Performs general maintenance service and repairs in two or more skill areas at a senior level.
- Help to train, orient and review the work of others.
- Assign various responsibilities as required.
- Performs general repair and service work required of a plumber, an electrician and a carpenter.
- Performs appliance and equipment repair on washing machines, dryers, toasters, fans, kitchen equipment.
- Maintains and repairs heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
- Installs, rekeys and makes new keys; maintains master key system.
- Tests, inspects and maintains fire and security systems.
- Calculates quantities of concrete.
- Determines quantity of flooring material needed, preps floor areas (carpet, vinyl, wood or tile) and orders materials and schedules or performs installation.
- Welds with Arc, MIG or Ox/Acy to make minor or structural repairs desired.
- Utilizes computers as required.
- Requisitions new supplies and equipment.
- Estimates time and material costs of various projects.
- Performs function of lead worker as requested.
- Maintains a clean job site and shop.
- Responsible to follow SRF’s policies and established processes.
- Other position-related tasks, as assigned.
- A minimum of eight to ten years demonstrated successful background in building maintenance and working with contractors.
- Background and experience in a minimum of two of the following skill areas: electrical, carpentry, HVAC, appliance and equipment repair, locksmith work, security systems, cement work, flooring, welding, plumbing, and computer knowledge.
- Possess a working knowledge to perform necessary repairs and service in these skill areas.
- The ability to apply advanced skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment necessary for the job.
- The ability to use and maintain a variety of hand and power tools.
- The ability to serve as a resource to others and resolve questions, problems and some details of the work under minimal supervision.
- The ability to perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to represent SRF adequately when dealing with the public.
- The ability to function well in a multi-task environment.
- The ability to honor and maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs desired.
This is a 40 hour per week position, Monday through Friday.
Local candidates only please. No reimbursement for relocation costs offered for this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package that features a variety of insurance coverage choices including group medical, dental, life insurance, a retirement plan and much more. We also provide paid sick, vacation and holiday time.
Salary Range: $27.50-$30.95 per hour
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.