- The IT Project Manager will be responsible for executing all aspects of the project management for small to medium software, infrastructure and/or digital workplace, projects and infrastructure project and/or a portfolio of small to medium sized projects that are delivered across the organization.
- The IT Project Manager role will effectively manage and deliver cross-functional solutions that involve multiple teams, multiple technology disciplines, geographically disbursed project team members, including external partners and some degree of technical complexity.
- The Project Manager Management function includes but is not limited to all phases of the project lifecycle - project planning, execution and closure, resource planning and management, scope management, project financial management, in addition to stakeholder management (including external partners), risk and issues management and escalation, and project status reporting at multiple levels in the organization.
- Other position-related tasks, as assigned.
- Manages assigned IT projects ensuring delivery with adherence to budget, schedule, and scope of project, according to established standards and best practices.
- Develops and maintains project management documents for assigned projects by working with stakeholders to get alignment on project objectives, scope, technologies, systems, information specifications, timelines, and resources.
- Creates a project plan and tracks project progress using available tools and adhering to established or industry standard Project Management methodologies.
- Oversees and accounts for risks such as unforeseen delays, drives risk/ issue resolution, escalation based on the governance model, and accountability for deliverables. Makes necessary changes to the plan when required.
- For Agile projects, plays the role of the Scrum Master, and plans and manages scrum events ensuring their effectiveness, removes impediments to the project team’s progress, and keeps the project team focused on the goals of the sprints and the overall project, facilitates stakeholder collaboration as requested or needed.
- Implements project governance (based on established standards), communication plans, and provides status updates to stakeholders within and outside IT team.
- For projects that include external partners, collaborates with the partner as well as internal teams to ensure the project is on track, drives accountability for partner deliverables, manages scope and tracks budget for the partner engagement.
- Establishes ongoing communications with the project teams and key stakeholders to ensure everyone stays on track to deliver the expected project outcomes, within schedule and budget, and the project team is fully aware of the impact of the project on the project customers and the organization.
- Manages project scope and changes to scope using a project change request process.
- Takes ownership/responsibility for finding solutions to problems within the project and implementing them, holding project team members accountable to do the same in their respective areas.
- Ensure cutover planning, communicate, and drive the cutover plan for all projects moving to production that require integration of multiple teams, infra-structure changes, data conversion or controlled start of business operations.
- Responsible to follow SRF’s policies and established processes.
- Other position-related tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in IT, project management, business management, finance, or related field preferred.
- Proven project management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. PMP or PRINCE2 certification is a plus.
- A strong understanding of project management methodology, Agile methodology, proven prior experience working on technical development and/or infrastructure projects and demonstrated skills in managing cross functional, cross discipline projects.
- The ability to effectively communicate with all project team members, project sponsors, peers, management and staff members within IT and other departments, and external partners.
- Managing cross-disciplinary, cross-functional projects to drive business process change affecting multiple business units.
- The ability to manage enterprise applications projects such as financial systems, CRM, order lifecycle management systems, ERP’s, etc. is preferred.
- Experience in working with geographically distributed teams across time zones.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills to motivate, collaborate with and manage a project team that does not include any direct reports.
- Demonstrated experience with delivering projects using Agile methodology. Scrum Master training or certification is a plus.
- Software development (or implementation) lifecycle experience preferred.
- Experience in industry standard project management tools such Microsoft Project (2 to 3 years required). Smartsheet (preferred). Experience with Jira is a plus.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills; ability to articulate information in a professional manner to individuals at all levels, and with both internal and external partners.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills are a plus.
- Ability to honor and maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
- Five or more years of professional experience in project management roles, or a combination of project management, business analyst, and software development roles required.
- The ability to function well in a multi-task environment.
This is a full time remote position open to California, Colorado or Texas residents.
Satisfactory completion of organization’s background investigation.
Must sign an employee confidentiality agreement.
Required Travel: 0 – 20%
We offer a competitive benefits package that features a variety of insurance coverage choices including group medical, dental, life insurance, a retirement plan and much more. We also provide paid sick, vacation and holiday time.
Salary Range: $118,750.00 - $125,000.00 per year
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.