Under the general direction of the Ashram Administrator, organizes, prioritizes, monitors, and supervises facilities maintenance operations.
- Creates the Facilities Maintenance Department budget and submits for approval.
- Oversees the execution of all authorized and budgeted maintenance work to ensure that the facility is kept in a safe and well maintained condition.
- Not only oversees the departmental tasks, but also actively performs work in all areas.
- Provides support for all mechanical equipment, related systems (i.e. HVAC, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, structural, etc.), and all general building/facilities both interior and exterior (i.e. carpentry, drywall, painting, etc.) through delegation of responsibilities to others, as well as individually performing work.
- Performs routine and miscellaneous inspections regarding new installations, repairs, preventative maintenance, procedures, etc.
- Coaches others toward continued development and overall improvements.
- Monitors parts and inventory to maintain adequate supply of necessary parts while avoiding excess or obsolete inventory items.
- The above provides an overview of the position only, and is not all-inclusive.
- Other position-related tasks, as assigned.
- Must be conscientious with financial resources, with an objective toward cost saving measures.
- Must have a proven track record and experience with direct supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to represent our organization well when dealing with the public.
- Ability to function effectively and efficiently in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Basic plumbing, electrical, and carpentry skills.
- Ability to honor and maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
- Some knowledge of commercial and residential HVAC.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and stretch.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and/or move objects up to 30 pounds
This is a 40 hour per week position, Monday through Friday.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package that features a variety of insurance coverage choices, including group medical, dental, life insurance, a retirement plan and much more. We also provide paid sick, vacation and holiday time.
Please email your resume to Manolo Alvaro at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Local candidates only please. No reimbursement for relocation costs offered for this position.